Blake Lively – Get Her Look
It Girl of the moment Blake Lively is the latest beauty to join the gorgeous bevy of L’Oréal Paris ambassadors. I’ve wanted to do a ‘get the look’ blog of Lively ever since L’Oréal Paris announced the news, and finally it’s here!
Eyeliners are a must-have in the world of beauty and fashion. Whether wearing eyeliner in a simple style or dramatically as an on-trend beauty statement, you can find your perfect match from the fabulous L’Oréal Paris liner stand. Where varying ranges of incredible pencil, gel and liquid liners are featured.
Jennifer Lopez epitomizes how sun kissed, flawless skin should look. Of course her skin is naturally divine to start with, but with a little make-up that beauty becomes next level gorgeous. With the right make-up combo and some tricks of the trade, you too can have skin that will be turning heads this summer.
Here’s my recipe for getting your glow on:
1) Start by moisturising cleansed skin. After a few minutes apply primer to highlight the temples, cheekbones, bridge of nose and middle of chin. This adds natural luminance.
2) Mix a 50/50 ratio of foundation and BB cream for a super soft, lightweight finish. Apply all over the face and blend well with a buffer brush. (Just use foundation if you prefer a little more coverage.)
3) Use the Lumi Magique Highlighter (select one to two shades lighter than your base colour) to conceal under eyes and lighten up the centre of the face. Brush a little on the centre of the forehead, just above the brows, and continue down bridge of nose. Next apply a few strokes across the cheeks, then a little above the cheek bones and finish with a daub just above the upper lip and centre of chin.
4) Bronze and contour. Apply a light dusting of Glam Bronze La Terra around outer face and jawline, and along the hollow under cheekbone.
5) Create a bronze shimmer by simply swirling your brush into both the bronzer and the Golden Shimmer eyeshadow. Add some of this shimmer down bridge of nose and along cheekbones, and then add a touch to the temples and to the base of the chin.
6) Finish the bronze glow look with a splash of Rosewood blush to the apples of the cheeks.
Tip: Use a large powder brush when applying bronzer and apply using light pressure, in a circular motion.
Summer holidays here we come! If you’re off to your favourite holiday destination in the next few months you may be compiling a ‘what to take list’ now. Make-up of course can be at the bottom of your list, as this is usually the time your face takes a holiday from your normal make-up routine as well. But just in case you want to be prepared for any event, including festive parties, here are my tips for being holiday savvy.
Keep it simple
A full kit of make-up is a little over the top, all you need is a small cosmetics bag with the essentials.
Go travel size
If you’re only away for a couple of weeks or travelling overseas you could consider repackaging a few of your products to travel size.
Beat the heat
Make-up products and heat do not mix. The hotter the destination the bigger the issue, so take some preventative measures to protect your make-up. While indoors keep products prone to melting, like eye pencils and lipsticks, in a fridge or even a chilly bin.
Keep products you take with you to the beach, like lip balm or sun block, in a snap lock bag to prevent it from getting gritty with sand.
When on holiday you should always allow time for a little pampering, like changing up your nail colour. Bright nail polishes are my favourite for showing off a tan and giving summer a boost of fun. Colour Riche Vernis nail polishes have a great range of colours and I’m especially loving the Limited Edition Summer Collection that is currently available. The extra bonus is they come in a perfect travel size, so you can easily pack 3 or 4!
Summer is finally here so get prepared and replenish your cosmetic bag with summer make-up essentials to ensure you look gorgeous all summer long, no matter what the occasion!
Here’s my list of summer must-haves…
If you love to wear the latest trends but wish you had a few make-up tips up your sleeve to take your look to the next level, then this blog is for you!
For a change, I’ve decided to wear my stylist hat as well as my make-up one! I’ve compiled a list of the most popular fashion trends for this summer with make-up suggestions to compliment each, ensuring your make-up look becomes your best accessory.
Warmer weather is a big culprit for causing make-up to slip on the face. The other major make-up destroyer is touching or rubbing the face, often without realising. The latter I can’t do much about (that’s a habit you’ll have to break yourself!) but I can let you in on some make-up artist secrets that will help your make-up wear better and longer, assuming you are not opting to invest in long wear products. Here’s how.
If you’re getting married in the next few months or so, being your BFF’s bridesmaid or planning to attend a wedding, you’ll need to make some good make-up choices so you’re prepared for anything and everything – especially tears, weather and the photographer.
This month L’Oréal Paris New Zealand will be launching their new Nude Magique CC Creams in stores. “What is a CC cream?” you may well be asking. A CC Cream is a ‘colour corrector’ cream designed to help reduce and address skin that is sallow, dull, fatigued or is prone to redness.